All yards may not always be the same and hence the growth and shape of grass can never be the same. You have to select the right tools and equipment based on the soil condition as well as the turf.
It is important to pick the right topdresser depending upon your project. Your lawn size may be big or small, and based on that not only will you pick the right spreader but also seeds, fertilizer and all other granular products.
Lawn spreaders for smaller lawns
In case the size of your lawn is very small, then prefer handheld spreader, which is available in the market that is operated by using battery. Also, hand-powered spreaders too can be used along with lawn fertilizer, seeding products and granular weed control.
Spreaders required for medium sized lawns
If your lawn is little more than small and considered as average size lawn, then there is a different broadcast spreader available which is designed to hold about 5,000 – 15,000 square feet size of lawn.
Spreader for larger lawns
In case, your lawn is too large in size then use Elite Spreader, which is designed for doing bigger jobs. It has six-foot spread pattern which can hold maximum up to area of 20,000 square feet.
By selecting the right spreader and other products you can maintain a beautiful lawn that you can enjoy.
Following are few different types of lawn spreaders available in the market.
- Broadcast spreaders
These broadcast spreaders can spread seeds in fanlike manner over wider area.
Following points must be considered with the broadcast spreaders:
- Suit for larger lawns and can cover wide areas very efficiently.
- Need more skills to obtain uniform coverage.
- Lack precision in tighter spots and around the obstacles.
- More affected by the wind.
- Scatter seed/products in out of bounds.
- Can cover more areas in much lesser time.
- Drop spreaders
These drop spreaders can drop seed in straight manner into the neat rows with accuracy.
Following few points must be remembered with drop spreaders:
- Well-suited for smaller lawns.
- Much simpler to use and also offer easy control.
- Provide precision in the tight spots and also around obstacles.
- May not be impacted by any normal winds.
- Can keep products in the bounds.
- Can cover less amount of ground/swath, thus adding to time.
Any spreader that you choose must be checked during its “off” position before filling it. First fill over surface which cleans easily, for spills. Open your spreader only once when you are in motion.