If you are looking to replace your old garage doors with an electric solution, there are numerous designs to choose from, and much like the double glazing industry, everything is custom made to fit the aperture. Here is a brief overview of the different types of electric garage doors that are available today.
- Roller Garage Doors – They work on the same principle that roller shutters use, with the small door panels rolling up into a casement at the top of the door, and remote operation is smooth and effortless. If you take a look at some of the electric garage doors in Essex, a large percentage are of the roller style, as this requires no extra space and there are many design options, with aluminium, steel or even timber slats.
- Up & Over Garage Doors – The up & over style is without doubt the most popular style in the UK, and the operation of the door is such that it requires no space in which to open and close. The door moves inwards and upwards, finally coming to rest a few inches from the ceiling, in a horizontal position, and with electric operation, the door opens with little effort and the motor is virtually silent.
- Sectional Garage Doors – Typically, there are 4 sections, all of equal size, and the panels fold into each other, and move upwards when opening. The doors are double skinned with thermal insulation, which helps to keep the garage warm in the winter months, and this is the best type of door to have if you wish to park another vehicle in front of the garage, as the opening mechanism does not protrude from the door.
- Side Hinged Opening Garage Doors – This could be a single door that is hinged on the left or right side, or you could have a pair of double doors that open outwards. There would need to be a track grooved into the ground to support the weight of the doors, and with electric operation, opening or closing the doors is effortless.
- Classic Timber Garage Doors – You can order oak, cedar, hemlock, spruce mahogany or pine, and this would certainly add some character you any property. Tongue & grooved panels offer a range of designs and finishes, with every shade of brown available, plus they also have composite doors that look and feel like real timber, but are maintenance free.
If you would like to learn more about electric garage doors, a Google search will reveal the whereabouts of a local supplier who would be happy to pay you a visit and quite for a chosen design.
The curved sliding door is a type of door that is aesthetically pleasing and offers a unique design element that sets it apart from other sliding doors. It has a curved shape at the top which creates an elegant look that can be incorporated into any type of room in your home or office.